Thursday, March 14, 2013

Count your blessings.

What are you thankful for today?

Today is going so slowwwwwwwww. Maybe it's because I've been at work since 6:30am teaching BOOTCAMP, then I ran 8 miles, showered, & napped in my car before my 12-8pm shift. Yup, I packed my pillow for my 14 hour day.

Bahaha... bags under my eyes, and bundled up! BRR it was cold out today!

I'm a borderline work-a-holic, I get my work ethic from my parents. Aren't they cuties? Mom and Dad, below, at my sissy's wedding last summer.


They've always taught me to work hard for anything you want in life. I consider it a blessing that I wasn't spoiled as a child, because it teaches you to appreciate things so much more. What are you thankful for today? I'm thankful for my parents and the love they share together after 30+ years. They really are a couple to look up to. Maybe they get along so well because my dad doesn't always wear his hearing aids, but that's besides the point, lol. Just kidding, Momma, XO! Count your blessings and appreciate life... these are ways to make every situation bearable. Decide today that it is going to be a GREAT day, and see how it changes the way you look/respond to things.

Today I am also thankful for my boys: Matty & our dog, Mac. This is a picture from our camping trip with friends in the mountains this past November... yes, we're crazy. It was freezing!
There's no way I can come home in a bad mood when one or both of them greet me when I walk in the door. Pets always make you feel special because they love you endlessly. Lucky for me, I've found that in a man as well. No matter what, I know he's there to support me.

Now that I got some girliness out, let's talk FOOD!
What's on the menu for today?

Breakfast: GREEN SMOOTHIE


Ingredients:
  • 1 frozen banana
  • Handful frozen strawberries
  • 2 Cups Spinach
  • 1/3 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
  • 1 Scoop Vanilla Whey Protein
  • 1 Cup Almond Milk (add more if needed)
Blend it all up: VOILA! This made 2, I made one last night and put the other one in the freezer for my breakfast today!
I topped it with chia seeds, flaxseeds, and goji berries. NOM NOM NOM!

Lunch: Veggie/Fruit Salad


Ingredients:
Handful spinach
3 Red Cabbage leaves chopped
Handful Blueberries
Handful Strawberries
Grilled Green Peppers and Portobella Mushrooms (Grilled on George Foreman - AMAZING)
Roasted Asparagus with Almonds (recipe is in previous post)
Topped it all off with Gluten Free Poppyseed Dressing. YUM!

Snack: Granny Smith Apple & Almonds

Dinner: Grilled chicken topped with Pico de Gallo, Roasted Asparagus, Turkey/Quinoa leftovers (from previous post)

Chicken Recipe:
Rub chicken breast with Mrs. Dash no salt added Garlic & herb seasoning
Pop on George Foreman for 5-7 minutes
Top with pico de gallo
BOOM.. Best chicken ever. SO JUICY AND TENDER!!

We got our George Foreman from an old neighbor, it was brand new, never used, and it's just been sitting in my cupboards. The roasted veggies and chicken were amazing. I thawed out like 8 chicken breasts, you know what I will be eating for the rest of the week, LOL.

I'll probably have an egg white omelet when I get home, then a snack later. I'm craving some peanut butter so I'll probably make a natural peanut butter protein smoothie, or I might try out some home-made peanut butter banana ice-cream.. we shall seeee! Either way, my legs are beat from two boot camps and sprint work. I'm off to enjoy my evening of REST.

*The purpose of this blog is not to suggest you should eat exactly the way I do, you have to find out what works best for you and your body. I am just here to give you ideas of what you may want to try!

Have a great day and be sure to post a comment about topics you would like me to post about!

HAPPY FRIDAY EVE, Y'ALL!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment