Friday, March 22, 2013

Eating Clean does NOT mean eating tasteless!

Don't let anyone tell you healthy eating is tasteless!

Today I had the most bangin' pancakes ever! Vanilla Banana Protein Pancakes! Delicious! I got the recipe from @megameows instagram account earlier and adapted it to what I had in the kitchen.
Is this droolworthy or what? Ok so here's the recipe:


1 egg
1 large ripe banana
--MASH BANANA AND BLEND EVERYTHING
1/2 cup oats (you can put them into a food processor to make it oat flour, my food processor is broken, so I did not and it turned out great)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
1/2 chopped banana
1/2 cup blueberries (I was out so I skipped these)
Mix everything well (add a little skim/almond milk if it is too thick)
Make 4 medium or 6 small pancakes over low heat.

NOW- I topped these suckers with:
 2 TB PB2 (powdered peanut butter with less fat & calories) mixed with 1 TB water. I also sliced up the rest of the banana (This adds more calories, just a note)
Then I made a Mixed berry Chia seed Jam and used 2 TBS of it (tweaked @Powercakes recipe).
2TB chia seeds
5 strawberries (fresh, I used frozen though)
1/2 cup frozen blueberries (I used mixed berries)
1/4 cup water
Microwave for 2 minutes -- YUM!

I couldn't finish it all, but it was delicious and high protein low fat!
Here's an EGG-cellent Idea:
If you like hard boiled eggs, but hate the hassle, here's a good way to cook them!
(Thank you Pinterest!) Just in time for dying eggs for Easter as well!
  • Put your eggs in a muffin pan
  • Bake at 325 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
  • Cool & peel. They peel much easier this way!
  • ENJOY!
Need a quick sweet tooth fix?
I LOVE chocolate and strawberries! The mix is delicious!
Mix 1/2 TBS Dark cocoa powder
1 packet sweetener (I use Stevia, Truvia is another good choice)
1/2 TBS Almond milk
Spread over 4 strawberries for a sweet savory snack and the chocolate spread is only 15 calories! You could always make more, but know that weight loss is calories in versus calories out!

Gluten Free Pasta!

I tried out Jovial brand brown rice pasta. I won an instagram challenge and received a 3 month subscription to Conscious Box which has vegan friendly samples of healthy products. I got a sample of this brown rice pasta and as you can see the only ingredients are brown rice and water! It was delicious!
I mixed the pasta with fat-free italian dressing, green peppers, onions, tomatoes, avocados, and then I added baked chicken to it. It was delicious and so filling! I try to not eat gluten as much as possible because I suspect I have some gluten intolerance with all my stomach issues, eating this way tends to make it feel better!

I want to show you that eating clean can be healthy and delicious! GET creative. I get ideas from recipes I find and then I make them my own. I don't rely on measuring cups, just eyeball things and get creative. YOU CAN COOK don't say you can't. You CHOOSE not to. You are capable of following a recipe, you just have not challenged yourself to do it. SO, try something new and healthy this weekend!

I have a half marathon on Sunday at the Charlotte Motor Speedway. (13.1 miles) WOO! So I will be eating a big meal of spaghetti and meatballs Saturday night! YUM! Carb loading is important for endurance events, you need to rely on carbs for energy, which is another reason why low-carb diets are not good for active individuals. OR ANY OF THOSE STUPID FAD DIETS! Eat clean, eat small amounts often, and you WILL SEE RESULTS!



HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!

XO- April :)

No comments:

Post a Comment