- 10 ounces almond milk (or skim)
- 1 TB Natural Peanut Butter (or 2TB PB2, which is found at Whole Foods, it is peanut butter in a powdered form with 85% less calories from fat than regular peanut butter)
- 1 Medium Banana
- In a blender, combine it all and mix until smooth. Use 6 ice cubes for thicker consistency.
- Nutrition Facts: 303 calories, 9g fat, 45g CHO, 4g Fiber, 16g Protein
- Slice up bananas when fresh and put in Ziploc bag and throw in freezer. Use the frozen banana instead of ice cubes.
- You can also use ½ scoop Whey protein (Vanilla or chocolate) for a PROTEIN BOOST!
- ADD ground Flax Seed to any smoothie. Adding flaxseeds to your diet is a great way to increase your intake of omega-3s, which are associated with a lowered risk of heart disease, cancer, and depression
- You can swap the Peanut Butter out for fresh or frozen strawberries for a Strawberry Banana Smoothie!
PEANUT BUTTER FACTS:
NUTRITIONAL FACTS FOR 2 tablespoons of plain peanut butter:
190 calories, 16 g fat, 7 g carbohydrates, 8 g protein, 3 g fiber, 0 mg sodium, 5 PointsPlu .
NUTRITIONAL FACTS FOR 2 tablespoons of PB2:
45 calories, 1.5 g fat, 5 g carbohydrates, 5 g protein, 2 g fiber, 94 mg sodium, 1 PointsPlus
You do the math, people! It's delicious! You take 2 Tb PB2 and mix with 1 TB water until desired consistency! YUM!
- Put it all together in a Tupperware or jar with a lid into the refrigerator overnight and in the morning, BOOM. It’s delicious. I eat mine cold, but you can totally warm it up and it tastes great too!
- *NOTE* If you are bringing it to work with you, you will want to invest in a good Tupperware container that won’t leak! (I learned that the hard way) IT’S THE BEST SERIOUSLY! I swap up the ingredients so I NEVER get bored with it.
- CHIA Seeds are awesome, they start small but plump up in liquid. Click this link to see the benefit of Chia Seeds. They add protein, fiber, and omega-3s to any meal! I put them in oatmeal, cereal, yogurt and you can also make an AWESOME Chocolate Chia Pudding.
2 TB Chia seeds
1-2 Cups Water
2 TB Cocoa Powder
Stevia (or other NATURAL sweetener)
MIX ALL TOGETHER AND LEAVE IN FRIDGE FOR 20 MINUTES, YUM!