Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Meal Prep, Shakeology Special, & Happiness!

Howdy! We have a Women's Health Fair tomorrow at work so we've been busy bees getting everything ready. Work goes so much faster when you have tasks that need done, so I am thankful for that!

Today I taught Bootcamp at 6:30am, ran 11 miles, met a friend to discuss her health & fitness goals, taught a Step & Kick class & will be done at 8pm. I am POOPED. So exhausted and I know I have not drank enough water, I'm sitting here staring at my empty water bottle.. Ok, going to fill it now. GOTTA GET IT IN! Ok, back and ready for this hydration process.

Here's a pic from my run today, I did a good portion of it on trails, and it was beautiful out.

I had to take two showers because my legs were covered in mud and it didnt' all come out the first time, sometimes those are the best kind of runs. So much stress relief from today's run! Running keeps me sane. Running makes me feel strong. Running is my ME time. Running is my high. Running is my life. It was an amazing day to appreciate the beauty of God's gifts to us- nature! 11 miles of stress.. GONE! :)

Here is a bootcamp for y'all to do this week! Get on it!


*Warm Up: 20 Jumping Jacks, 10 air squats, 30 punches to the front, Run in place for 1 minute
10 Pushups
10 Burpees
*YouTube it. Jump up, bring body to floor including chest, bring feet back in, jump up that’s 1. **Modification: Jump up bring hands to ground, arms extended, extend legs so that in pushup position, bring legs back in, stand up and jump.

15 Lunges/leg
*Do 15 on the Right Leg- PUSH back each time so that you pop back to the center, repeat 15 on left leg
20 Side kicks/leg
*Plant left leg with toe pointed out and all the weight in your heels, lean to left and kick right leg out to the side 20 times, repeat to left40 Mountain Climbers (20/leg)*Hands on floor arms extended in plank position, bring knees to chest and keep nice flat back and tight core^^REPEAT THESE EXERCISES 3 TIMES^^
40 Jumping Jacks
30 High Knees/leg
45 second plank
25 Jump Squats
*Air Squats if you have bad knees, jump squat: squat with all the weight in your heels, pretend you are sitting butt on a bench behind you, but should come below knee, then JUMP up.
^^REPEAT THESE EXERCISES 4 TIMES^^
*Cool down- stretch all major muscle groups! GREAT JOB!

MEAL IDEAS

This weekend as usual, Sunday was my meal prep day. I went to Aldi's and was shocked to see how much healthy fresh food I got there and for half the price of other grocery stores. I am making a pact to use what is in my pantry and only buy fresh produce or milk or eggs until it is ALL GONE. This is part of my WAR on DEBT program. I am so excited to see how soon I can get to my goal of being debt free. So because I am trying to clean out my pantry I made salmon and tuna patties this week. Here is the salmon patty recipe:
Salmon Patty Recipe:
1 - 6 oz. can salmon (I had boneless skinless salmon in a can)
1 whole egg
1/2 TBS mustard
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 TBS red pepper flakes
1 TBS plain bread crumbs (can use ground stale 100% wheat bread)
Form into 2 patties and cook on skillet sprayed with EVOO or coconut oil.
Makes two - 3oz patties! Delicious! I ate one with 1/2 avocado and threw the other in a huge salad I made for work tomorrow!

I did the same thing with a tuna can but had to use a little more breadcrumbs because there was less in the can, I think it was a 5 oz can of tuna.

Here is my tuna patty that I added to a huge salad:

I threw organic spring mix & spinach salad, cucumber, asparagus, red cabbage, yellow pepper, and sweet potato fries NOM! Recipe is below.

Sweet Potato Fries
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Clean 3 sweet potatoes and cut in half, then cut into slivers as shown above.
Toss in bowl with EVOO or Coconut oil, sea salt, fresh ground pepper, cinnamon, and stevia if you like your fries sweeter.
Cook for 30 minutes flipping after 15 minutes! YUM!
 So simple!

I made my venison/quinoa/turkey meal prep again, recipe is in previous post. I'm obsessed with this mixture. I also made roasted asparagus! Spray with EVOO or coconut oil, salt, pepper, and slivered almonds. Bake at 400 for ~ 15 minutes! NOM!

And Finally.. My Shakeology DEAL!!

If you buy shakeology from me before this Thursday, May 9 at 11:59 pm I will provide you with a 4 week meal plan created by me! There is a 30 day bottom of the bag money back guarantee so you have NOTHING TO LOSE! Don't like it? RETURN IT!
When purchasing, I recommend buying the regular Chocolate Shakeology in a BAG.
If you order using home direct you save $10 in shipping and if you'd like to cancel this it's so simple to do, I will walk you through the process myself!

E-mail me if you have any questions at:

Night Night Lovies- I am about to stop at Chipotle and get my Buy one Get one Free Chipotle Salads for the boy & I with my old ID from teaching. Yup, I'm broke and no, I don't feel bad. That was the most miserable year of my life in a career, so yes I'm going to get a free $6 meal for it, lol.

Enjoy your night!

No comments:

Post a Comment