Wednesday, April 10, 2013

GET IN MY BELLY!!

Today is an assortment of yumminess I'd like to share from the past week + a daily dose of positivity.


Lately, I've been having to try a little harder to put a smile on my face. Sometimes, life is just tough and stress just gets to you. I like to point this out because even though I come across as an obnoxiously positive person most of the time, I have my moments, just like you, when I just want to be a downright GROUCH! Yesterday was one of those days. We can always wish we had nicer things, more money, less stress, more time, etc... but what good will that do? Sometimes it's really hard to be that POSITIVE upbeat person all the time. Sometimes I just want to let it all out and ask why life is so hard sometimes.. Then I realize crying won't fix anything and I need to be happy for everything I DO have that someone else is crying over. To sum it up, count your blessings.. EVEN when you don't want to! Decide today that today is going to be better than yesterday, pick yourself up and put one foot in front of the other. Life is going to go on, so don't miss out on today worrying about tomorrow. Challenge yourself to wake up and smile and say I'm gonna make today a good day. If you honestly start your drive to work and smile for a few seconds while saying something positive, you are setting yourself up for a good day. So don't curse the cold, rain, etc.. decide to make today better than yesterday.

I had a nice weekend in GA for the wedding here are a few pics from the trip.
Photo Booth fun! Me, Matty, my BFF's boyfriend Brandon, and my BFF Nanny! :)
"We're all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness and call it true love."
-Dr. Seuss knows what's up.

The boy & I. :) It was a very laid back southern style wedding, so glad he made the trip with me. Too bad I got a darn speeding ticket on the way home! GRRR! Anyways...

Food  Ideas for the Day:

PIZZAAAA!!! - This is delicious!
-Take a tortilla of your choice - opt for organic or whole wheat variety
-Grill it in a skillet over high heat- do not add oil just cook on both sides until toasted.
-Put on baking pan- top with organic tomato sauce or light spaghheti sauce, reduced fat mozzarella cheese and veggies of your choice. I used spinach, green peppers, and tomatoes.
-Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes - cut in 4 slices and ENJOY!
I topped with 1/2 an avocado after baking.
I used spinach, green peppers, and red cabbage another time- delicious.


Broccoli and Avocado snack
 When I was food prepping I made a big batch of frozen broccoli.
I cooked it in water and when I drained it I added fresh squeezed lemon juice and fresh ground black pepper.
I put it in a container with 1/2 avocado and heated it up for a snack at work - it was delicious! I love the texture that warm mashed avocado gave to it! You can always add a little hot sauce to it too for some extra ZING!


So, I passed out on the couch last night and luckily heard the birds chirping to wake me up at 5:00am- I work at 5:45 on Mondays and Wednesdays so I had to pack my lunch in a rush then scoot off to work. I added too much almond milk to my oatmeal and it was like slushhy yuckiness when I got to work. I decided to venture into the cafeteria to see what healthy breakfast options I could find.


Egg White Omelette
I ended up finding this gem!
Egg Whites, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, and green peppers.Topped it with hot sauce!
It was huge! The only thing is, I watched them cook it and they squirt butter on the grill to keep it from sticking, I wonder if they have a cooking spray or other option because the butter ended up hurting my stomach. It's so annoying how those little things that are different from the way you prepare your own food can make you feel so blahhh after eating them. I did not eat the banana pictured, but yes, I did eat it all. I'm very active with teaching classes and training for half marathons and trying to lift on my own time as well, so I can afford to eat a little more. Also this was a very low-carb meal- so I will need the carbs from the banana as my snack later for my active lifestyle.


Whole Wheat Spaghetti with Avocados
Can you tell I loveee avocados? DON'T FEAR THE FAT! THEY ARE A GOOD SOURCE OF UNSATURATED FAT!
-Cook whole wheat pasta (or gluten free) as directed by package
-Add light spaghetti sauce or organic tomato sauce (add some flavor by adding spices of your choice)
-Mash in 1/2 avocado and enjoy!
It doesn't look pretty and I'm in my pajamas because I have been sick and so sleepy this week, but it hit the spot. I added crushed red and black pepper as well! YUM!


Hope you enjoy some of these recipes and please feel free to comment with any topics/recipes/issues you would like to learn more about!

HAPPY HUMP DAY!
Xo-April

No comments:

Post a Comment