Monday, April 22, 2013

Quick Meal Ideas

Story of our lives: "I don't have time for...." Fill in the blank.

When it comes to eating right and exercise- TIME is one of our biggest obstacles. Do you have timeeee to increase your quality of life AND the amount of time you will spend on earth with your family and friends? Put the big picture into perspective this is your LIFE we are talking about!

So here are my quick tips for Quick Meals:

Breakfast Meals (that you can eat allll day)
Omelete: coat pan with coconut oil or olive oil, cook 3 egg whites, + 1 egg over medium-low heat until bubbly, throw veggies of choice: spinach, tomato, onions, mushrooms, peppers, you name it, try for no cheese or a small portion of reduced fat cheese. Cook for another minute or 2 and flip half way over. Cook 1-2 more minutes until done. BOOM I pour hot sauce over that and ENJOY!

Egg Sandwich: Spray microwave safe bowl with coconut/olive oil or PAM. Add one egg to bowl & whisk - cook 1 -1.5 minutes- Pop out onto Whole grain toast or english muffin, add spinach, tomato, reduced fat cheese & deli turkey breast. BOOM 1.5 minutes PROTEIN packed breakfast.

Overnight oats: Do this the night before. 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup almond milk (or milk of choice), 1 TBS PB2, pinch cinnamon, throw in some craisins & slivered almonds. Put in fridge with a GOOD tupperware container that will click so milk will not be everywhere. Eat hot or cold in the AM.

Lunch/Dinner Meals:
Turkey sandwich: Use mustard (0 calories & low sodium) Pile this sandwich high with all the veggies you can to keep you fuller longer, tomato, onion, pickles, peppers, cucumbers, spinach, broccoli slaw, you name it, I've put it on my sandwich, I like a CHAMPION sandwich. I also ALWAYS pair this with a fruit so I can have a sweet bite at the end- apples & turkey sandwiches are my go-to, but use whatever YOU like.

To make a healthy honey mustard: mustard, apple cider vinegar, & liquid stevia- mix a little bit of everything together until desired flavor =  0 calories!!


Grilled chicken, sweet potato (or quinoa) and vegetable. GET CREATIVE- Look back in my posts- MAKE MEAL PREP happen this week then you just pop it in the lunchbox & you're out the door!

Salad: GET CREATIVE, again.
My favorite salads usually look like this: spinach, tomato, onion, avocado, bell peppers, hemp seeds, almonds, apple slivers, & a light dressing. Add a light poppyseed dressing and add strawberries for a sweet taste. Roast asparagus, corn, green beans, broccoli, squash, etc and store in tupperware container so you can just grab handfuls out and throw in salads/meals throughout the week.

Shakeology:
My new favorite meal of the day. Sometimes I have it for dinner, sometimes I have it for breakfast, sometimes I have it for lunch. But I ALWAYS have it one meal a day! It's a meal replacement shake that tastes like a milkshake (chocolate is my favorite flavor). It keeps you full and has helped 1,000s of people lose weight and enjoy doing it. It comes out to $4/shake which means you're only spending $4 on that meal- essentially saving you money. When have you ever gone out and only spent $4 on lunch or dinner? And if you're shopping at the McD' dollar menu, don't even get me started with that response! If you're interested in more info about the product click here:

You will NOT regret it. If you would like to know how to save 25% on shakeology, e-mail me at april.pinkney@gmail.com


Tortilla Pizza (recipe is in previous posts, this is my favorite!)

Shrimp or chicken StirFry:
cook shrimp or chicken almost through, add snap peas, peppers, onions, broccoli, carrots, and baby corn (or buy frozen stir fry veggies) add in to pan with reduced sodium soy sauce and a bit of water. Cook on med-low heat until chicken/shrimp is cooked and veggies have reached desired consistency. Try to find a stirfry dry spice blend to add as well! YUM.

Tuna/Salmon Salad Panini:
I add light italian dressing, redhot, celery, & a bit of relish to my tuna (or canned salmon) and put on a whole wheat tortilla with onions, tomato and spinach and fold in half. Cook on George Foreman grill like panini (or use skillet)

Just a few ideas for you today! I forgot to post earlier, I wrote it and did not publish it, sorry about that! I will write more tomorrow!

Would you like to join my active facebook challenge group and be motivated by others while being accountable for your own nutrition and workouts? Add me to facebook: http://www.facebook.com/april.pinkney.5 and let me know you are interested and I will add you!

  ARE YOU BEING THE BEST YOU YET? Are you better today than you were yesterday?

Take care - APRIL




No comments:

Post a Comment