Friday, April 12, 2013

I love Smiling, Smiling's my favorite!

It's amazing how inspired I feel today because I have been making some decisions to step out of my comfort zone and try to find new ways to inspire and motivate others.

I'll fill you in soon with what big things are coming, I'm super excited!

Sooo, yesterday I worked 12-8pm and completely forgot that I used the last of the dog food that morning. By the time I realized it, it was 9pm and PetSmart was closed. CRAP! German Shepherds have sensitive stomachs and Mac gets the runs if he eats ANYTHING out of the ordinary. TMI!? Oh well, get over it. We went through about 3 different natural dog food brands in the last 2 years before we found ROYAL CANINE brand that makes their food specific for each breed. So, I refuse to rush out to Wal-mart and get the crap dog food that's filled with fillers and non-natural crap. If I don't want to eat that junk, I certainly don't want my boy eating it eaither. So, I made him some brown rice and I cooked plain chicken in Coconut Oil, because we already add Coconut Oil to his food to help with his skin, coat, and to fight fungus and bacteria! It's awesome, I cook with it as well! Anyways, the poor babe looked so confused because this dog doesn't get ANY table scraps or ANY other food other then his dog food, for the aforementioned reason lol. He looked guilty as he gobbled it up, I had to assure him he was supposed to eat it, haha. I posted a pic to instagram laughing that my dog was "eating clean" right with me.


I had the tortilla veggie pizza again- obsessed with it! Recipe is posted in a previous post!

I made sauteed spinach last night to go with the leftover rice for lunch for me today. I heated EVOO & added minced garlic, 2 cups spinach, and the CRUNCH MIX I discussed this week containing Lentils, Peas, and adzuki. Let it cook down, add to the rice, and add some hot sauce! AMAZING!


I'm pretty happy with the way I look right now, but there is always room for improvement. My new goal is to focus on muscle definition. No, I'm not trying to be a muscle woman, but yes, I'd like to look at my arms and see nice lean muscles! I have decent muscle tone in my legs thanks to running, so I want to see overall muscle definition. I will be starting to incorporate LES MILLS COMBAT fitness workout into my routine as soon as it comes in the mail! Woo, excited to compare before/after pics!

Little Flex_Friday action going on through instagram. C'mon baby muscles, GROW!
It is absolutely dead in the gym I work at today because it's so beautiful out and I'm stuck here until 8PM. BOOO!! So you know what I'll be doing? RESEARCH! How can I make myself a better runner? What new clean recipes can I adapt and make my own? I will also be reading my PLANT BASED NUTRITION Book  by Julieanna Hever, M.S., R.D., C.P.T. I won from @Powercakes and @Heatherwaxman and their awesome plant based challenge they had! Love filling my brain, I actually miss graduate school, which I NEVER thought I would say. Research is such a powerful tool, don't just believe anything you read. Do your own research, and make sure it is a reliable source! Just because it is on the internet does not mean it is reliable.

Speaking of research, I updated my PROTEIN post from a few days ago. Some of my numbers were a bit off, because it did not take into consideration individual body weight. Pop over there to check it out again! Also, Julieanna Hever's book provided some great information about excellent plant based protein sources, see below.



One other cool fact about plant based vs. animal based protein is that only plant protein has phytochemicals, antioxidants, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. While animal flesh, eggs, and dairy product proteins contain saturated fat and cholesterol, which are absolutely NOT found in plant based protein sources. COOL stuff, right? EAT THOSE VEGGIES!


I love this Runners Prayer. Running is a gift, just as life is. Cherish everyday and be thankful for the gifts God has blessed you with.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE!!!

-APRIL

No comments:

Post a Comment