Monday, April 15, 2013

Weekend Eats!

My brain is about to EXPLODE with all the food and thoughts I want to share with you this morning. I tend to not blog on weekends because I'm so busy, but then I end up with 483249 thoughts in my head for the Monday blog, lol!

Friday night, I worked until 8pm and then headed home and went to the gym to lift. My pre-workout snack was interesting, you may think this is weird, but don't knock it until you try it, because I LOVED IT!
Peanut Butter Wrap
Whole wheat wrap
2 TBS Natural Peanut Butter
1 TBS ground flax seed
1 small sliced banana
1/2 TBS Goji Berries
1/2 TBS Hemp Seeds
Wrap it all up and enjoy! I paired mine with a glass of vanilla almond milk and it was delicious! I personally think the vanilla almond milk is too sweet so will go with the plain almond milk again next time! I love drinking almond milk, it's delicious!


I ate this before my 12 mile run yesterday - it was delicious!
Peanut Butter Banana Panini
1 Whole Wheat Wrap
1TBS Natural Peanut Butter
1 small banana sliced
2 TBS ground flax seed
Press it together on george foreman or grill- it was amazing! The warm banana was like a dessert!  ~310 calories depending on the peanut butter and wrap that you use!

Funny thing about my run, I sat on my butt for too long before I went to run at the Greenway, which is open until 8pm. I did my math wrong for how long I could run before I had to turn around (shocker, I suck at math). So I had to SPRINT the last 3 miles back because I was worried my car and I would be trapped inside the greenway with a locked gate. My last 3 miles were at a 7:45 pace which means I need to step my game up for my next half marathon if I could run that pace at the end of 12 miles. I also need to have an adrenaline rush like that during a race, lol. THAT WAS INTENSE!
 This was my friend, Jackie, and I on Saturday morning. We attended a BeachBody SuperSaturday where we got together with other BeachBody Health Coaches for a great time! We did a sneak peak BeachBody workout from Shaun T's T25 Workout. It was fun & challenging and the best part? You get a great workout for only 25 minutes a day for 5 days/week. Does this sound like something you are interested in? Shaun T realized that everyone might not have the hour for Insanity, but EVERYONE has 25 minutes a day. Contact me if you think you would be interested in this program, I am a FREE BeachBody Health Coach and would love to help find the best workout program for you. If you have ANY questions- e-mail me at april.pinkney@gmail.com I am ALWAYS here to answer your health & fitness questions/concerns for FREE!

Here is my Saturday pre-workout breakfast! It was so so so good!

Spinach & Onion Omelette:
1 whole egg + 3 TBS egg whites
Handful of spinach
Fresh ground black pepper
1 TBS chopped onion
Cook like an omelette and top with FRANKS REDHOT! Yum!
I also took a piece of whole wheat toast, added 1 TBS Natural Peanut Butter, 1 TBS ground flax seed, and 1 small banana. (I ate the rest that wouldn't fit on the toast hahaha). I like to have my last bite be sweet so 2 strawberries were my "dessert bite" at the end.

Here I am taking pics of my overnight oats that I prepared last night. My overnight oats today are on point!
Chocolatey Strawberry Oats
1/2 cup quick oats
1/2 cup almond milk
1 TBS hemp seeds
1 TBS Chocolate PB2
1 TBS ground flax seed
Mix all together and store in fridge overnight and BAM eat it hot or cold the next day!

I love the texture change with hemp seeds! Delicious and full of nutrients! Hemp seeds are high in Omega 3 & omega 6 essential fatty acids. These are nutrients our bodies need bc they cannot be produced or stored in our bodies. They are also an excellent source of protein! Ground flaxseed contains Omega 3s and 2g dietary fiber/1TBS. Nutritionists often recommend ground flaxseed over whole bc it is easily digested where the whole flaxseed may pass through body undigested.  
I love this motivational quote from Bonnie Pfiester - follow her on instagram @BonniePFIESTER.
Also, my Instagram name is: @aprilpinkney

❤ Happy Monday! ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment